Value of an EAP
What Employers Need to Know:
- Approximately 20% of employees experience personal problems serious enough to affect job performance.
- Family issues cause 22% of unscheduled absences.
- Substance abuse is indicated in 40% of industrial fatalities, 47% of industrial injuries and is the 3rd leading cause of workplace violence.
- An estimated 18.8 million people suffer from depression with 80% of those depressed not seeking treatment.
- Employers lose 27 work days per employee with depression, two-thirds of which is due to presenteeism.
- Behavioral health disorders are the 5th leading cause of short-term disability and the 3rd cause for long-term disability.
- More than 70% of individuals experience physical symptoms related to stress resulting in many doctor visits.
The Effects on Your Bottom Line:
- Depression costs employers $44 billion in lost productivity.
- Stress-related health care and missed work costs employers $300 billion annually.
- Substance abusers use three times the normal level of employee health benefits and incur 300% higher medical costs.
Centerstone Solutions is on the frontlines helping employees resolve issues that are affecting job performance and assisting organizations increase the bottom line through a healthy, positive and productive workforce.
The Value of an EAP
- Employers on average yield an $8 return for every $1 invested in an EAP.
- Increases productivity by more engaged employees and reduction of presenteeism, inter-group conflicts and team problems.
- Over 80% of issues presented are resolved within the EAP.
- 95% of EAP users report being satisfied with services.
- EAP and wellness utilization is steadily increasing.